90 day Reporting

90 day reporting in Thailand is mandatory. Once you have extended your Thai “O-A” visa  you now cannot leave Thailand without obtaining a re-entry permit first. This allows you to leave Thailand and return without invalidating the visa.

90 day Reporting

When using a re-entry permit this ensures that you can leave Thailand and return without invalidating your visa. Your visa will simply pick up where you left off when you left Thailand. If you leave Thailand without a re-entry permit in your passport then you will invalidate you visa as soon as you leave Thailand.

You need to report to Thai immigration every 90 days once the visa has been extended. This goes for anyone with an extended visa be is a marriage visa, retirement visa or a work permit. If you do not report to Thai immigration you will be fined that you are late. The fine is 2,000THB as at the time of writing.

90 day Reporting Methods

You can report to Thai immigration in 3 ways:

  1. Report in person;
  2. Send someone with your passport to report for you;
  3. Report by mail by sending all the documents needed by registered post.

Sending your details by post you will need to send copies of the following:

  • Copy of all passport pages
  • Copy of arrival/departure card TM.6 (front and back)
  • Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)
  • Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47
  • Envelope with 5 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
  • Completed reporting form

The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by you. Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days. The mail needs to be sent to the immigration office where you live. If you are in Chonburi then you need to send you notice to Pattaya immigration and if you live in Bangkok then it needs to go to the Chang Wattana offices.

Immigration Bureau (IMM. DIV.1): Chalermprakiat Government Complex, 120 Moo 3, Chaengwattana Rd. Soi 7, Tungsonghong, BKK 10210

If you have any questions about your reporting then you need to contact Thai immigration for advice and assistance with the reporting. Note that the same process goes for the Thai marriage visa in Thailand.

Incoming search terms: